Why We're Different
Our clients can tell you more effectively than we can why Boyle Ogata Bregman is different. Start with our Testimonials Page for specific comments from our satisfied clients.
We are passionate about performance. This means the candidate we place with you will be:
- A Precision Fit: The Performance-Based Search System identifies and evaluates candidates based on their ability to produce specific, tangible results. And we ONLY source people from your sector, currently doing the exact job you need to have done.
- An “A” Player: We define “A” Players as those top 5% performers who can have a substantial impact on your bottom line, and who will stay longer to help you achieve your goals. Our placed executives typically stay twice as long as someone you hire on your own.
You will benefit from our services for the following reasons:
- Domain Expertise: We will only take assignments where we have proven capability to perform.
- Experience: Founded in 1979; the three principals have a combined total of 88 years of executive search skills.
- Track Record: 75% of our business is repeat and referrals from satisfied clients
- Proven, Unique Process: At the risk of being repetitive, our Performance-Based Search System really is that good. Not only does it result in a better candidate fit up front, it actually serves as a recruiting tool.
- Principals Manage Projects: You won’t be handed off to an inexperienced consultant. A principal will actively manage your search, actually interview your candidates, and update you regularly.
- ROI: We know that employers worry about search fees, so we concern ourselves with your bottom line. A good placement is someone who returns the fee to you many times over with top performance.
- Consulting: How many recruiters do you know who have a full suite of Human Capital Optimization services? We have significant experience and competency in Management Assessment, Organizational Analysis, Compensation Design, Executive Coaching, Candidate Sourcing, and more.
History and Mission
BOYLE OGATA BREGMAN IS BRINGING LEADERS TO SMART COMPANIES.TM
Our mission is to provide the highest quality executive search services, as well as high-value Human Capital Optimization consulting, to ensure that our clients benefit from the new executives we bring and the solid players already on board.
BOYLE OGATA BREGMAN utilizes a unique process known as The Performance-Based Search System to ensure that our clients can hire outstanding individuals for senior management positions, individuals that make a positive contribution to the company’s bottom line profitability.
The J. Michael Group was formed by J. Michael Boyle and Keith Ogata in 1979. The firm name was changed to BOYLE OGATA in 1996.
Strong in aerospace from its inception, in the early years the firm did a substantial amount of placement for Northrop, involving management level and executive positions for the massive hiring plan to staff the B-2 Stealth Bomber program.
As the aerospace prime industry began to shift, the founders expanded into other types of aerospace and high-tech companies and entrepreneurial start-ups, especially those funded by venture capital and private equity. This broad base of business enabled the company to present itself as a “Generalist,” but with specific expertise in certain areas. In 1994, Mark Bregman joined the firm, and the company transformed into a retained search firm focusing on high level management positions. With the introduction of The Performance-Based Search System in 1995, the company began to utilize a unique process that addresses every aspect of a client’s hiring program, from the initial identification of a potential need to hire, through development of the Performance-Based Position Profile, to evaluation of candidates, hiring, providing the new executive’s business plan for the first year, and the criteria for evaluating their performance at the end of that year.
In 2001, the partners decided to rename the company BOYLE OGATA BREGMAN.
Client response to The Performance-Based Search System has been 100% favorable, and BOYLE OGATA BREGMAN now attributes 75% of its business to repeat and referral clients.
The firm continues its strong focus on aerospace, with significant expertise in high tech, manufacturing, distribution, consumer products, and more. See our Completed Search page for more details. We fill key management positions in all functional disciplines, including operations, sales & marketing, finance, engineering, quality, supply chain, etc.
We look forward to working with you!
Areas of Expertise
We have placed people in these functional areas:
- Business Development / Sales & Marketing
- Engineering / Product development
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain / Procurement
We have selected clients in these industries:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Biotechnology / Medical
- Computer Hardware / Software
- Consumer Products
- Emerging Growth Companies
- Manufacturing / Capital Equipment