“A” Player Decision Making
The concepts of Topgrading, the bestselling hiring /staffing book by Brad Smart, align well with our Performance-Based approach to hiring.
Brad Smart’s blog has a great article this week on how “A” Players make decisions. Here’s a quick summary:
- Fast Learning: Smart says “A”s learn at warp speed who figure things out quickly.
- Fast Analysis: “A”s incorporate input from others, look at complexity easily, and with their bias toward action, do a complete thorough analysis quickly. Even when they do “ready fire aim”, they validate their decision afterward with analysis.
- Connecting the Dots: They get groups unstuck, and enable team members to see a good solution as congruent.
- Actually MAKE Decisions: Sometimes shooting from the hip, “A”s are always decisive.
- Execute After the Decision: Following through to make sure things happen.
Smart adds that passion and resourcefulness are key traits of “A” Players, saying they have “energized passion tempered by patience and turbo-boosted by resourcefulness.”
For the full article, click here. This is a good newsletter to subscribe to!