TOP 10 Things Your Managers Aren’t Telling You
Here’s a list of things that CEO’s almost never hear directly from members of their management team, although it would be useful if they could!
- “Here’s how to improve your company or product.”
They fear your judgment, or your telling them why it won’t work, and they won’t take risks with you.
- When the project will really be done.
Do you give them the room to tell the truth about deadlines?
- Who, how, or why they don’t get along with another key manager.
No one can NOT look like a team player to you.
- That they have made a critical mistake.
They can’t bring you bad news without paying a personal price.
- That a customer is unhappy.
If you’ve created a “win” all the time atmosphere and you punish the messenger of bad news.
- That they remember every negative thing you say, and every positive thing.
It takes 5-10 positives to counter every negative.
- That they can do more for you.
If you will explore their capabilities thoroughly with them.
- Why they do or don’t want to work for you. Resulting in over-paying satisfied people, and losing unsatisfied people.
- That they want more clarity.
To really want to know what is going on – the good, the bad, and the ugly – because it helps them understand the relevancy of their own work.
- That they are looking for another job.
We call them the “mentally unemployed”.