Are You an Inspiring Leader?
Do your employees step up and perform at the highest level? If so, it is probably due in part to good leadership. Are your employees inspired to work for you? Or just have to work for you?
There are a lot of qualities associated with good leaders, like courage, decisiveness, self-control, etc., however, inspiration and motivational leaders have some special qualities. Here’s a top ten:
- Unwavering honesty – always tells the truth, wants to hear the truth, believes that truth works
- Transparency – this is a companion of honesty – telling people all they need and want to know
- Justice and fairness applied across the board (no double standard)
- Compassion – genuinely cares about others (empathy fits in with this too)
- Lead by example – set a high standard, and be willing to do what you want others to do
- Collaboration – encouraging others to contribute to your success
- Vision (and can articulate a compelling course of action to others)
- Enthusiasm – be the champion and head cheerleader for whatever you advocate
- Empowerment – let others own what they do (and no micromanaging!)
- Embrace Change – be open and flexible and take suggestions seriously