10 Habits of Remarkably Charismatic Leaders
Jeff Haden wrote a great piece for Inc. Magazine online called 10 Habits of Highly Charismatic Leaders. Please take a look. It is clear and simple. A quick summary:
1. They listen way more than they talk.
2. They don’t practice selective hearing.
3. They put their stuff away.
4. They give before they receive–and often they never receive.
5. They don’t act self-important…
6. …Because they realize other people are more important.
7. They shine the spotlight on others.
8. They choose their words.
9. They don’t discuss the failings of others…
10. …But they readily admit their failings.
By all means, read the details in the article to better understand Haden’s POV. You might quibble with the term “charismatic”, and we could substitute “likable” or simply call this 10 habits of good leaders, but the points are all still valid!