Vault.com has some good ideas about basic interviewing in this video.
To these basics, we would add the following:
- When talking about weaknesses, it is good to show how you have overcome a weakness, or at least have successfully worked on that weakness.
- Make the interview a dialogue – with give and take. Get validation on how you are doing (“Does that fit with the way you would want this problem solved?”)
- Ask the interviewer what the most important objectives are in the position (see our previous blog on “Get the Job by Doing the Job“) and talk about how you can get that done.
- Get some closure (“How do you feel my background fits your needs?”)
- Eliminate concerns (“Do you have any doubts or concerns about my ability to do this job?”)